Choosing co-managed IT services can be a can be a great way to optimise IT infrastructure, free up existing IT employees to focus on the most important tasks and projects, and remove or prolong the need to hire additional internal IT staff. If you’re considering co-managed IT service providers, here are 5 things to look for:
- Service Offerings: Make sure the provider you choose has a full range of services that align with your needs, such as help desk support, network management, cloud solutions, and security. Look for a provider that can cater to your specific industry and offer customised solutions.
- Expertise: Ensure that the provider has experienced staff with a range of specialisations to both assist with Level 2 and above support requests and fill knowledge gaps. They should be an extension of your team that you can rely on to find the answers and solutions you need.
- Cyber Security: Security is a crucial aspect of co-managed IT and should be a top priority. Look for a provider that offers robust cyber security measures, such as firewalls, antivirus software, and network security solutions. Ensure that the provider complies with industry-standard security protocols and regulations, such as the Australian Government’s Essential 8.
- Cost: Co-managed IT can be a cost-effective solution compared to hiring additional IT staff. Consider the provider’s pricing model, quoting process for projects and services included, as well as any hidden costs that may be associated with the solution. If IT staff need holiday cover, check if there is an extra cost from your co-managed IT provider to deliver day-to-day support during that time, as well as their process in handling requests.
- Provider Reputation: It’s important for provider of co-managed IT services to have a good reputation, backed by positive customer reviews, testimonials and willingness to provide references. The provider’s level of experience, expertise, and longevity in the industry can be important indicators of their ability to deliver high-quality co-managed IT services.
Do Your Research
Co-managed IT services can be a cost-effective solution for businesses looking to improve their IT operations and infrastructure. However, every provider of co-managed IT services has different specialisations and industries of expertise. Take the time to consider the key factors in this article and if the provider aligns with your specific needs to build a beneficial and long-lasting IT partnership.